Jones Posting :)

This is my yak and blab corner. My Online diary, photo album, scratch pad...... a sneak peek into my session on the chair at the psychiatrist's office. :) Basically, just what went on in a day. My thoughts, my sentiments, my life. :)

Monday, May 09, 2005

Sunday Morning and Sunday Afternoon . :)

(This entry talks about my Sunday. I was too tired to write about it on the actual Sunday night.)

What a beautiful Sunday! Waking up to warmer weather was such a nice treat! I started the day with my usual morning rituals, then off we (Brian and I) went to hear mass and met up with Erwin inside the church.

I just have to say that the weather was so great! You can actually see the people outside enjoying it. Almost everyone had their car windows down, people in convertables enjoying the breeze, people were playing with their dogs in the park..... the weather was almost perfect. People were already wearing clothes that actually show some skin!

When I walked out the apartment lobby, I realized I was wearing brand new stuff from head to toe --- the only thing that wasn't new was my worn-out black bag. I bought a whole bunch of clothes and some shoes in anticipation for spring ---- which by reading my previous posts, you would see that it arrived a little later than expected. So when I found out we were having warm weather that day, I pulled some of my clothes out of their shopping bags and snipped all the tags off -- I was so thankful I can finally wear them! :)

After mass we decided to satisfy our hunger with a hearty lunch at one of the restaurants in Oak Park. It was such a fine sunny Sunday that day. (Blue sky, temperature in the 80's -- Yehey!) that I didn't mind walking around Oak Park in my 3 1/2" wedge heel shoes to find a resto with a good al fresco area (but of course! Al fresco is the way to go on a day like this!). Finally, we decided on Flat Top Grill. My first time (also Erwin's) to eat there and our friendly waiter was kind enough to walk us through the whole Mongolian thing --- a little more complicated than what I was used to in Manila.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Food was great. My first Mongolian concoction was a little too hot though. Why? I'm a huge oyster sauce fan so when I saw it on the buffet table, I poured more than usual. "Why is this oyster sauce red kaya?", I thought to myself. Checked the sign several signs, and it does say oyster sauce alright. "Oh well, that must be how it is here.".

A few bites into my meal, I swear, my nose started to run ...... my food was too spicy! Anghang talaga! It turned out that that red oyster sauce was a hot one. No wonder it was sitting there along with the different chili sauce(s). They should have placed a "VERY HOT Oyster sauce" sign right above it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyways, I went back for seconds -- staying away from the hot oyster sauce this time.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home