Jones Posting :)

This is my yak and blab corner. My Online diary, photo album, scratch pad...... a sneak peek into my session on the chair at the psychiatrist's office. :) Basically, just what went on in a day. My thoughts, my sentiments, my life. :)

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Chore Day(s)

I was supposed to write this blog 2 days ago. But I got caught up with too much Girltalking (femalenetwork.com) and was also "too tired" to write. In short, I got lazy, I was "tamad".

Last Tuesday was chore day (well, everyday is actually). But that day was special. I vacuumed the whole condo, pre-soaked all the dirty white laundy (kula, so to speak), and cooked. I want to rant about my vacuuming experience.

Beeing in such a "lousy" mood to do chores did not help make the vacuuming easy at all. I started with the room. Then moved on to do the dinning area. I took about 4 "rest periods" before I finished that area, I think. Vacuumed a few inches, then went to the computer (Girltalk!), a few more inches, then back to the computer again. After the dinning area, I tackled the living room. Basically, that part of the condo I did with no "rest period" (ok, maybe just one).

After vacuuming the very last inch of the place I felt proud (and relieved) that I was able to suck the place clean. But the story does not end there. For some reason I stooped down to tinker with a part of the vacuum. Alas! I realized I did something very moronic! I left this little switch on the vacuum, on the hose part while I wasn't using the hose at all!

Quick Info: There is a knob at the lower part of the vacuum that lets me choose whether to let the vacuum cleaner suck all the dirt through the hand held hose (hose) or through the bottom of the vacuum cleaner (floor cleaning).
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Meaning, I busted my ass pushing and pulling the vacuum cleaner all over the place without picking a single dirt. Talk about placebo cleaning! No way was I vacuuming all over again. Maybe, some other day. But for now, I think the place was "psychologically" cleaned.

Another thing I am worried about though is that the vacuum smelled funny after. It smelled burnt. I saw some smoke-like something coming out. I think it overheated from sucking absolutely nothing. I hope it's not broken or Brian will kill me. I sort of mentioned this to Brian (while he was busy watching a basketball game -- a technique I use when I want to tell him something I don't want him to actually hear). Anyways, I will clean the vacuum cleaner next time (What, clean the cleaner?) then contemplate cleaning the condo (for real this time). :)

So let this be a lesson to y'all (or for me). Check those darn knobs in your vacuum cleaners!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home