Jones Posting :)

This is my yak and blab corner. My Online diary, photo album, scratch pad...... a sneak peek into my session on the chair at the psychiatrist's office. :) Basically, just what went on in a day. My thoughts, my sentiments, my life. :)

Monday, May 09, 2005

iPod..... youPod.... wePod..... Hehehe :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Woohoo, Brian finally got one! He has a new little toy and though it is not mine, I'm just glad he has something to tinker with (and that goes for me too, hehehe.). I love playing and tinkering with those cute little gadgets. I would love to be a "techie" myself (since the gadgets out there just interests me.) but I would need a few more years to afford a real "techie lifestyle".

Have you ever wanted to try something, thinking that it is one of the best things in the world, and then when you finally get your hands on it you are just so disappointed? That's what I felt about the iPod. I don't know if it was just plain PMS that clouded all the excitement that I should have for that cute lil' thang, but ......

Probably I expected too much of the iPod. With all the hype about it, I expect it to virtually have no flaw at all.

First the software. We had some trouble importing some songs, converting, and transferring them. Probably because we just inserted the CD and just hoped to figure it all out as we go along --- hence the somewhat difficult time we had with the song transfer and all. I'm no techie moron and Brian is not either --- it's just the impatience and the tiredness we felt (after moving a dinning table and 4 chairs --- on foot!--- from his Aunts condo on the next building to where we are at, probably added extra stress to our already tiring day) that made figuring that darn thing out a bit more difficult. We just wanted to fill it up with songs already and just listen to it. Hehehe. :)

In fairness to the iPod, the sound was exellent! Crisp and nice --- just right, coming out from a tiny rectangular thing. But when we hooked it up to the stereo that Brian has, using the iCable...... Ngerk! The sound was not good at all. To think the stereo was a Bose for goodness sake! So he changed the cord placement a bit and the sound improved a little but still it was nothing compared to the orig sound that comes out of the Bose stereo. Hmmmmm...... That was disappointing. We just stared at the stereo with pure disappointment on our faces.

We did read some reviews the the available hook ups out there were not as good as people expected. And they were right.

What happened to the crisp sound? Sigh. So Brian has to return the cable and he (we) just have to be content with listening to it through earphones for a crisp sound.

Probably to get really superb sound, the iPod needs to be docked directly on those Bose Soundock Speakers. Well it should sound better than using those $30 cables -- those soundock speakers are a little pricey at $299.

Now that Brian has a new little toy to accessorize, it would now be easier for me to get him little gifts. Incase sleeves, chargers, remotes, iPod car stuff ---- those would be like "kikay stuff" for boys. Hehehe. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home