Jones Posting :)

This is my yak and blab corner. My Online diary, photo album, scratch pad...... a sneak peek into my session on the chair at the psychiatrist's office. :) Basically, just what went on in a day. My thoughts, my sentiments, my life. :)

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Da Bears. Blame it on the rain.

It has been 2 days since that awful Super Bowl loss, but the pain is still there. I came to work yesterday and people were just ......sad. The complete opposite of how the whole of Chi-town was 2 weeks before the Super Bowl. The bitter cold that weekend was bad enough here in Chicago. But I guess the -9 degrees farenheit temperature with the -22 degrees farenheit wind chill was there to numb bears fans' pain.


I've had this ugly feeling days before the Super Bowl that I have been trying to shrug off. I've became extra superstitious in hopes that that can actually help The Bears. But the moment they won the coin toss, I knew that was it. From what I recall during the season, they didn't win coin tosses (except maybe for the game against the saints and a few more) but they won the games.


Devin Hester's touchdown was amazing! I think that was the first and last time I jumped off my seat during the game. The start was awesome for the bears and that's when I started to have what felt like a bad case of indigestion. The Bears did a lot better when they do bad in the first half!


You can't blame it all on Rex. Really. Defense wasn't as strong as they should have been. Sure there were plenty of times that I wanted to throw my food at the tv for those moronic things that Rex did but I can't say I'm mad at him. If anything, I feel sorry. I feel his pain. Of course he wanted to win. He's wishing he did better. He had that look on his face (during the game) that makes me just want to give him a (bear) hug.


Rex isn't that bad. He had good days and he had nasty ones. The Bears did make it to the Superbowl so we should be thankful for that. He's relatively a "new" quaterback as compared to Manning. He has been injured in the last seasons, and now that he's not, I think he did ok. I guess in Miami it was just Manning's time. He got the Super Bowl that he deserved. I guess Bears fans are just hungry for another 1985 Bears Team.


Would it have been different if Miami had a dome? If it didn't rain? If Rex didn't trip and held that darn ball like it was covered with grease?


Here in Chicago, there are polls left and right on whether Rex Grossman should be kept as The Bears' Quarterback. Darn right he should still be the starting quarterback! Seriously, I pray that they keep the team as it is. They have a great team!


Rex Grossman is a humble guy who's eager to learn and he knows he has a lot to learn. With a little more experience and practice, he's going to make it. The Bears are going to make it. I guess the season was fun. The fans had a blast painting the whole of Chi-town blue and orange. We just have to keep the faith. The Bears will be back. The Bears will be back! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home