Jones Posting :)

This is my yak and blab corner. My Online diary, photo album, scratch pad...... a sneak peek into my session on the chair at the psychiatrist's office. :) Basically, just what went on in a day. My thoughts, my sentiments, my life. :)

Saturday, August 27, 2005

I Want To Buy This and That :)

Ok. *Cracking my knuckles*

It has been more than a month since I last updated my blog. Now that my head has been overflooded (redundant?) with thoughts, I guess it's just about time to let it all spill.

This afternoon, since Brian got home early, we decided to watch a movie. We saw "The 40 Year Old Virgin". The start was funny. But after an hour I found myself not laughing that much anymore.

We then ate at Pizza Hut for dinner. It has been a long time since I last ate at Pizza Hut, so it was nice to have their pizza again. After dinner, we decided to go to the mall across the street, where we spent most of our time at Best Buy.

Ah, Best Buy...... They wouldn't call Best Buy "Best Buy" for nothing. I love that place. Entering the store makes me wish I have tons of money to buy plasma tv, digital cameras, the baddest sound system, tablet PCs, GPS for my imaginary car.... heck, I would buy the entire store!

I wanted to go there to check out the VCR recorders ----- which I desperately need since WB decided to air Smallville on the same timeslot as The OC. Then I later found myself drifting to the Flatscreen TV section. "Ahhhh, nice. I wonder which of you guys (talking to the different flatscreen tvs) will be my very own first tv?". Ayan start na ng daydream. And what goes with a nice tv? A good DVD player, so off to the DVD section I went. And what goes with a good DVD player? The ultimate stereo system (speakers)! And what goes with the stereo system...... Ok, earth to Joni.

It was funny that Brian and I even had a little argument because of my daydreaming. He scolded me for toying with the idea of getting those little flat screen tvs as my first tv. I should be saving the money for something else daw. Saving it to pay for my rent, electricity, car payment, etc....... But I am just in the daydreaming phase of it all. I don't have the money yet so I can't look around the store through a practical buyer's eyes.

But I can't blame him for worrying though. I'm notorious for spending money like there's no tomorrow. I admit, I'm not careful with cash, I'm an impulse buyer, and I usually turn to shopping to find "tranquilitiy".

I told him not to worry, because if and when I start working and I have to shed my own blood and tears to earn money, I'm pretty sure, letting go of hard earned money won't be easy. "Let me daydream now before the time comes when I barely even have the time to daydream with all the worrying I have to do because of all the bills that would come pouring in my mailbox." :)

I'm sure when "real life" sets in, when the actual bills land on my hands, I would even hesitate to set foot on that store for fear that I might spend "hard earned money" on something I shouldn't be buying at the moment.

Though we left the store empty handed (Ok, except for Brian's NBA Live game for his XBOX), we had fun that night. The last time I remember being in a store for more than an hour and leaving it happy inspite of not making a single purchase, was when Trixie, Zachi, and I spent an hour and a half at Toy Kingdom (Megamall) looking around and playing with the toys on display ---- and that was after graduating from highschool. :)

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Sep 07, 04:59:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Homo blogging
    What first started as a vanity project for geeks with too much time on their hands has fast become a global phenomenon.
    Your own ebook, just use a mike http://64.44.15.87/deadeasy-shoppeople-only.htm

     
  • At Wed Sep 07, 05:00:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A real enlightening blog. Don't stop now. Here's the resolve a lot of people are searching for; how to buy & sell music video online on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home